HOW CAN I OBTAIN A STUDY PERMIT FOR CANADA?
To obtain a study permit in Canada, you must:
- Be enrolled in a course of at least six months at a language school, career or public college or at a Canadian university;
- Demonstrate you have sufficient funds to pay for:
– the course,
– living expenses (accommodation, food, transport, etc),
– various costs for yourself and any accompanying family members.
- Not have a criminal record (self-declaration);
- be in good health (self-declaration) and be willing to undergo health examinations if necessary;
- provide evidence of your intention to leave Canada at the end of your studies.
*You must have a valid Study Permit before entering Canada.
NB: Since 2018 you also have to provide biometrics, that is your fingerprints and a photograph, which will be taken in a Visa Office.
WHICH COURSES CAN I ATTEND WITH A STUDY PERMIT?
HOW LONG DOES THE STUDY PERMIT FOR CANADA LAST?
The duration of the Study Permit is related to the course of study you choose to attend in Canada + 90 days. The Study Permit is necessary for courses of 6 months or more. If you want to follow a shorter program you don’t need a specific visa: a tourist visa will be enough.
CAN I WORK WITH A STUDY PERMIT FOR CANADA?
Yes, it is possible to work with a Study Permit, choosing one of these options:
NB: You cannot work if the course you are enrolled in is an English or French language course.